Thursday, June 30, 2011

Gentle Yoke

At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do. “All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:25-30)



There were countless times especially when I am away from my family that I keep on worrying about them and also regarding the outcome of my vocation, how I miss my friends and other things. But oftentimes, these thoughts are just distractions, if I focus on them, I will certainly fall.


Instead, I must be concerned on how can I be pleasing to Jesus.  I must do good things.  That is not difficult.  If I just be faithful to God's commands, avoid temptations, live in righteousness, make use of my freedom to do good, forget the past and stop worrying about the future and living the present fully, I will certainly walk fearlessly and peacefully towards Jesus.


Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. (Matthew 16:24) So, must i forget myself.  I must abandon myself and stop thinking about myself.  I should not be guilty of my past sins and stop worrying about the future rather I must take up my cross and follow Christ.  If ever I fall because of my burdens, I must remember that Christ is also Simon of Cyrene who will help me carry my cross.  Because only he who bears the cross, only he who holds on to the end will be saved.

Jesus invites me to cast my burdens upon him.  Jesus invites all who are tired to come to him and rest.  At times when I am tired of my problems, instead of worrying about them, I must rest in the Heart of Christ.  I must trust in his Sacred Heart who loves me so much.  I must leave to him my burdens and carry his yoke.  It is the gentle yoke of following his commands.  Following him and walking in his light is easy and his commandments light.  With this I can attain peace.

I will not attain peace unless I lay my burdens to him, forget myself, follow him and walk in a straight road.

He is the God of silence living in the depths of my heart, awaiting me to come to him and feel his arms and dwell in his love.

No comments:

Post a Comment